In the two months left to this big event, I plan to comment on some of the topics addressed by the 30 presentations. The comments will relate to what I would like to hear from the speaker. Hans Dahlberg, Head of M2M Services at TELIASONERA will talk about rolling out new M2M services.
Traditionally, the M2M market is divided into the so-called verticals. From the beginning. This is an approach for a mature market, with well-established rules. That is not the case for M2M. It still is a new technology by telco’s point of view. Let’s agree to disagree. M2M is the single mostly unknown technology. no one knows exactly to what extent it will shape the future. Most foresee a huge growth. Some are very confident. Some are more pessimistic. I would like the presentation to address some of the following questions:
– how do you plan for the new services ? own market. department / market studies from 3rd parties / transfer of technology from the IT world / just copy what the competitors are doing / brainstorming
– do you have regular brainstorming sessions ? if so, have you implemented some of the ideas debated ?
– how do you reward new ideas ?
– which are the main contributors of new ideas ? marketing / sales / R&D. In which order ?
– why are you rolling new M2M services ? expansion / new player in the arena / because the competition does
– can you present right now a live demo of such a new service ?
– how good is your customer support for a brand new service ?
I firmly believe that the single most important question is why? why are you you playing in the field of M2M ? Let’s hope the question shall be answered.